Step By Step Procedure
Ensure Perfect Booking For A Perfect Delivery:
- Use a corrugated box or a rigid carton of adequate strength.
- Check the weight specification of the box / carton.
- Do not over-stuff it and do not exceed the weight specification.
- Provide internal protection with adequate cushioning material.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping. Tape should be at least 2″ wide, but preferably 3″ wide.
- Use proper labeling that clearly shows Origin and Destination address, including phone numbers and PIN codes.
Some Packaging Suggestions
Ensure Perfect Booking For Perfect Delivery:
How to Pack Guidelines
- CDs/DVDs: Packing must be in padded envelopes or in blister-proof packing.
- Sample medical vials: Must have adequate protection inside the packing so that the same do not move.
- Shredded paper can be used for packing such materials.
- Foodstuff samples like, Tea, Rice, Grains, Pulses, etc: Fabric-reinforced envelopes must be used. Plain covers should not be used.
- Books: Must be packed in cartons / wooden cases. If in cartons, double strapping must be done to ensure that the contents hold together.
- Textile goods: Must be first wrapped in polythene or any suitable waterproof material and then covered with strong Hessian / Jute cloth.
- Electronic articles: Must be packed in adequate-ply corrugated cartons.
Some Useful Tips for Packaging International Shipments
No consignment can travel up to the destination in sealed condition. It will be opened and checked at various check-points. Therefore packaging must be strong enough to sustain the pressures of journey. Under any circumstances overnight, no one will be responsible for any damage/breakage of the consignment in transit.
- Ensure that the packing box is suitable in size and strength to hold its contents.
- Ensure that the cushioning material is stuffed generously in the box.
- Use of strapping is a good way to seal the box as it supports even weaker boxes.
- Fragile items should always be packed by a professional packer with proper markings indicating it as FRAGILE.
- Ensure that specially designed boxes are used for packing floppies and video-cassettes.
- Ensure that while packing sharp items like Knives, Scissors etc. the edges and points of these items are fully protected.
- Shipments packed in wooden box should have an open-able lid, which can be opened and re-locked again and again.
- Ensure that no single package weighs more than 35 Kgs.
The following items are not accepted for carriage by Uniservice Group.
- Firearms parts thereof and ammunition.
- All Dangerous Goods as defined by IATA.
- Corpses cremated or disinterred remains.
- Foodstuffs/Perishables (Food and beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control).
- Gambling Devices: Lottery tickets and gambling devices prohibited by national, provincial, state or local law.
- Live animals and plants (Note: Cut flowers are acceptable for Canada).
- Money (Coins, Cash currency, Paper money and Negotiable Instruments).
- Pornographic material.
- Radio-active Material.
- Any shipment which is likely to cause damage to equipment, personnel or other shipments.
- Any shipment which may require the carrier to obtain a license for its transportation.
Carriage of any item that is prohibited by law or regulations of the country from which it is sent, the country to which it is destined or any country through which the shipment may transit.